Have you thought about switching your July and August Summer holiday for a Spring holiday? We like to visit the Ionian every May with our family and here’s why we think it is the perfect time to visit….
- In May the islands and mainland Ionian coast are usually less crowded, flights can be cheaper, and villas tend to have good availability.
- The islands begin to come to life with tavernas and shops opening after Greek Easter and there is a nice energy in the air for the new season ahead.
- Day temperatures sit between 20 – 25 degrees, with evenings slightly cooler and night-time around 14 degrees; perfect for families like ours with young children.
- The Ionian is usually a blaze with spring colours and the cooler temperatures can allow for a more active day of walking, running, yoga and cycling.
- Sea temperatures are just about warm enough to take a dip and you often find you have the beach all to yourselves!!
If this appeals to you, we still have some fantastic properties available this May half term…
Elissa 27/5 – 5/6 (9-nights)
Simeoni 27/5 – 3/6 (7-nights)
Jupiter 29/5 – 5/6 (7-nights)
The Loutsa Retreat 27/5 – 3/6 (7-nights)
Tzika House 27/5 – 3/6 (7-nights)
Antonella 28/5 – 4/6 (7-nights)
Koumaria 28/5 – 4/6 (7-nights)
Mandarini 28/5 – 4/6 (7-nights)
Persephone 28/5 – 4/6 (7-nights)
Verikoko 28/5 – 4/6 (7-nights)
If you are interested in booking any of the villas above or would like to know about other available properties, please contact Alex and Samantha for prices and special offers email@example.com